Thursday 18 August 2016

REVIEW: Making Arrangements by Ferris Robinson

Genre: Contemporary/Romance 

Publisher: Kindle Press

Available: E-Book

Released: July 5th 2016



Rating: 7/10



Synopsis:

Against all odds, cancer survivor Lang Ellis is celebrating the one-year anniversary of her “death sentence” when her beloved husband drops dead on the tennis court.
Devoted to him, she reels from the loss, focusing on her precious granddaughter but struggling with her bossy only child, Teddy, and his aloof girlfriend, Sarah.

With her historical family estate in jeopardy, Lang realizes her husband wasn’t as perfect as she thought.

The secret he carried to his grave can ruin her life.

If she lets it.


Review:


This story is utterly delightful. Despite the fact I do tend to go towards the fantasy genre;  it seems recently I have found myself more romance/contemporary than I ever thought I would.

I've been luckily enough to have been sent Making Arrangements and Melody's Key- both of which are not something I'm typically drawn towards. But, I'm glad I gave these books a chance.

First off, I love the book cover. The cover is created to look like a painting, which I feel is reflective of the protagonist of the story.

The protagonist (Lang) develops as a person throughout the story. After going through cancer and the loss of her husband she finally gains confidence and eventually learns to stand up for herself towards the end of the novel

Her son, Teddy, was a character that I loved to hate. He was very much controlling and manipulative; trying to control his own Mother into decisions he felt was best without really asking what she is feeling and what her opinions were. He uses situations to his advantage to achieve what he wants and despite him being controlling; he was an excellent character with a strong persona.


All the characters, in fact, were extremely well written and developed. I fell in love with all of them. And who can forget the lovable dog companion. There is strong relationship between all the various character- new relationships aren't rushed and are slowly built strong.


I found myself tearful at various moments and didn't want to stop reading.


I do recommenced this book and I'm sure many contemporary lovers will enjoy this book.
Be sure to check out the links below.





QOTD: How does the book sound to you? Discuss your thoughts below!





Check out the links below!

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30657889-making-arrangements

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Making-Arrangements-Ferris-Robinson-ebook/dp/B01EZ4B0UK

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ferrisrobinson/


1 comment:

  1. Heather, I am thrilled that you liked Making Arrangements, and so pleased you recommended it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete