Tuesday 28 May 2019

RECAP: PRH Canada, Teen Social 2019




This month I had the opportunity to attend the
Penguin Random House Canada Teen Social for 2019!


Today I'm here to share everything
about the event, as well as a look into the
amazing books and goodies we
were given!


So let's just jump into it!










This year's event ran pretty different to
last years. Instead of a presentations there were
various booths set up around the room.


Each booth had a different focus. One (pictured above)
was a nook for the featured author to sign books, another
focused on the top 10 books you need to be
reading this fall, and the last was all about
pairing books with movie titles!


I really enjoyed the freedom of being able
to interact with the Penguin Team and other bloggers,
influencers and booksellers. The authors were also
roaming the room, giving us the chance to chat to them
and ask them any questions we might have
had.







So who were the featured authors?
Well we had:

- Laura Sebastion
- Tanaz Bhathena
- Lesley Livingston
- Heather T. Smith
and
- Jeff Zentner


I loved meeting all the authors. I'd already
read both Chicken Girl by Heather T. Smith and
The Beauty of the Moment by Tanaz
Bhathena and really loved both of
their books (highly recommend both of
them).








So the amazing gifts we were given!
The first book we were given was The Art of losing
by Lizzy Mason. After that there was a table set up
little boxes that had PRH Canada sunglasses, a sticker,
penguin tattoo and a card that said 'Books
take you places.'


Right next to this table was an amazing selections of arcs.
I managed to pick up an arc of The Virtue of Sin by
Shannon Schuren and The Curse of the Werepenguin by
Allan Woodrow.


And finally, I picked up Lady Smoke by Laura
Sebastion and Rayne & Delilah's Midnite Matinee by
Jeff Zentner. I also managed to get both of
these books signed!


Having the opportunity to meet 5 amazing authors,
interact with them, and get books signed was
incredible! It was my highlight of the event!







I had a lot of fun at this event.
Having the opportunity to meet 5 amazing authors,
interact with them, and get books signed was
incredible! It was my highlight of the event!


Again, I want to say a big thank you
to the Penguin Team for inviting me and putting
together an amazing event! Also, a thank you
for all the arcs/books that were gifted to us.


I cannot wait for the next event!











No comments:

Post a Comment