Sunday 3 July 2016

A Late Box & Unboxing (Kawaii Box Jan 2016)

Kawaii Box- January 2016


So I thought I'd write a blog post about my experience with the subscription box: Kawaii Box

Now I was super excited to get this box, I'd heard things about it for a while but was reluctant to order having no experiences from subscriptions boxes in the past. Let's just say the experience wasn't the best.

Starting at the beginning. I ordered the box at the start of January when I first moved over here to Canada. The cost wasn't expensive, (though prices are now $17.90/a month) and it included free-shipping. 

I had no problems with the price, in fact I was impressed it even had free-shipping as most subscription boxes I had been eyeing up did not.

I had a problem with the shipping time...


I only ordered one box and I'm glad I did.

As I said, I ordered at the beginning of January but the box itself didn't ship until the end of the month... or so they said. I'm reluctant to believe it even shipped then.

The expected delivery time to Canada is 2-3 weeks, or that was what I had been told. 

So, I waited. Three weeks past and nothing so I dropped an email to them. They said it had been shipped and the problems were on my end, but could offer no real help at tracking my box. The tracking code they had sent didn't work once the box had arrived in Canada.

I waited longer and still nothing. I emailed again, checked their Twitter and Instagram. It wasn't just me who was having problems, many other people had not received their box still either.

Now after too many emails, Twitter and Instagram checks the box finally arrived.... at the end of March. I know post can be slow but this box was 2 months late. People who had ordered February's box had gotten it weeks before I even had my January one!

I can't fault the items, they were exactly as promised: Super Kawaii!

I loved the items included (ignoring the fact my donut key-ring was broken but at this point I had waited so long I didn't care), I had fun making the sweets and teddy key-ring is super soft.


Included items were:
  • Kracie Popin Cookin Oekaki Gummy Land DIY kit
  • Sweet Mini Handbag
  • Cute & Soft Neko Purse
  • Soft Pastel Bear Plush
  • Korean Secret Pen Set
  • Doughnut Squishy Charm
  • Jewelry Heart Deco Stickers
  • Dreams Come Through Pen
  • Cupcake Eraser
  • Tiny Bow Sticker Sheet
  • Nail Deco Flake Set

If you like Kawaii items than this box isn't all bad. If anything it seems the boxes had improved a lot since I ordered mine. Though I personally wouldn't order again due to the ridiculousness with shipping, I'm sure this box is perfect for many other people.

Who knows the shipping might be a lot better at this point.



Has anyone had experience with this box? I'd love to know.

Let me know what subscription boxes you recommend in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment