Tuesday 5 July 2016

June 2016: Book Haul, Favourites & Wrap-up

It may be late, but it's finally here! My June book haul and favourites.

June was a hot month here in Canada- right into 30C weather. I visited downtown Toronto and spent time reading. I also went to see The Conjuring 2- I was terrified the whole time but, I loved it!

Not to mention... June was the month I finally started my blog.


The Books

I bought a lot of books this month. Best thing is, most of them where from the bargain section at Indigo/Chapters or off Amazon for a good deal. 

So what did I get? 


  • The Host by Stephenie Meyer
  • City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
  • The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith 
  • Leaving Berlin by Joseph Kanon
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  • Everland by Wendy Spinale
  • Zodiac by Romina Russel
  • Acid by Emma Pass
  • The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman 
  • Le Morte d'Arthur: King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table by Sir Thomas Malory 

I might have missed a book or two but as you can see I got quite a few.



         Wrap-Up



Everland by Wendy Spinale            
Rating: 4/5          
An awesome steampunk Peter Pan retelling. You can find my full review on my blog

Zenith (The Androma Saga #1)  by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings  
Rating: 3.5/5
Again, another good book (or rather part one of the book). The review for Zenith can also be found on my blog.


I'm hoping to read more during the month of July. I'm currently read King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table by Sir Thomas Malory- I'm enjoying it so far though admittedly it is somewhat harder to read due to it being in an older English language.



Additional Purchases

This month wasn't just the month for book purchases. I also bought a few other items- including two pairs of sunglasses for the sunny weather. Everywhere had amazing summer deals during June...

  • White Musk mist and perfume from The Body Shop
  • The White Queen from The Disney Store
  • Country Apple and Melon & Cucumber body spray from Bath and Body Works
  • Sunglasses from Hot Topic
  • Gudetama by Funko Pop Vinyl
Those are just a few of my other purchases from this month. Bath and Body Works have had a fantastic sale so I quickly jumped in and bought some hand soaps, body sprays, shower gels and a candle. The Farmyard Apple scent smells delicious. 

I also love The Body Shop and I highly recommend their products. I've been using their Seaweed skin care products for a year now and have seen a great improvement to my skin.

I also picked up the Doctor Who: Rose Tyler and Hagrid Funko Pop Vinyls to add to our ever growing collection

And lastly (I think) some more favourites I purchased this month are a Winnie the Pooh: Eeyore Classic Mug from The Disney Store and the bracelet (pictured) with one of my favourite quotes:






Monthly Plans

I don't really have much planned for the month of July. I'm hoping to visit Niagara Falls again with my trusty camera to work more on my photography. 

I'm looking for a job that I will hopefully have soon but until then I have a hefty TBR pile to dive into as well as editing my story and of course blogging.


What are your plans for the month of July? How big is your TBR list? 
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment