Tuesday 12 March 2019

RECAP: Indigo YA Preview, Spring 2019





Last week I had the opportunity to attend my second
Indigo YA Preview! This is one of my favourite book events
of the year, and I loved every second.

So today I'm here to share with you all the amazing
upcoming books we talked about and a look into
the amazing books I was given in my swag bag!











First up, I want to say another thank you to Indigo Books
& Music, Indigo Teen and the entire team for inviting me to this
event! I love having the chance to attend these events and
I am very thankful for the opportunity!


There were a LOT of amazing titles that we talked
about and there are so many that I am excited for.
There were a lot of amazing titles within many genres that
we talked about and I'll be diving into the books I'm most excited\
for as well as the amazing books I was gifted that I cannot
wait to read.






Books I'm excited for:



Finale by Stephanie Garber

Release Date: 28th May 2019

This book is one of my most anticipated books
of the year. This is the epic conclusion to the
an amazing series that I have loved every second
of. I cannot wait to see where the book and series
ends.



The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter

Release Date:16th July 2019

This book is an epic fantasy debut novel
that was originally self-published. This
fantasy book sounds amazing and I cannot
wait to get my hands on it during the
summer.


Witch Hat Atelier by Kamome Shirahama

Release Date: 2nd April 2019

This book was described as perfect for
fans of Studio Ghibli. I am a huge manga
fan and this one sounds really amazing. I
am dying to get my hands on this and I
cannot wait for its release day.
With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

Release Date: 7th May 2019

I've actually already read this book and I
have completely fallen in love with it. The
main character was fantastic and I loved
the emotional journey that she went through.
I cannot wait for the book to release so I can
get my hands on a finished copy.


Sabrina: Season of the Witch by Sarah Rees
Brennan

Release Date: 5th April 2019

The new Sabrina on Netflix has quickly become
one of my favourite shows. That's why I am
beyond excited for this book to come out. It follows
Sabrina in the summer prior to the start of the
Netflix show and sounds like it is going to be an
amazing read.


Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

Release Date: 4th June 2019

This is another book that I am beyond excited for.
Margaret Rogerson's first book is now one of
my favourite's and I cannot wait to get my hands
on her next book. The cover is beautiful and June
cannot come soon enough.

Descendant of the Crane by Joan He

Release Date: 2nd April 2019

This is another book that is one of my most
anticipated books of the year and one that I've
already pre-ordered. The reviews for this
book have only made me more excited and
April cannot come soon enough.

Wilder Girls by Rory Power

Release Date: 9th July 2019

This is an upcoming mystery/thriller in a
boarding school setting. There aren't many
YA books within this genre that I have loved
but this is one I'm beyond excited to
read.

The Haunted by Danielle Vega

Release Date: 4th June 2019

This is a upcoming paranormal book about
family secrets and a supposed haunted
town. This book is one Indigo is saying
is 'flying under the radar'. I cannot
wait to pick up this book during the summer
and I hope it is just as good as it sounds.









After the amazing presentation we had the amazing
chance to fill up tote bags full of upcoming books!
Indigo is moving offices so had a lot of arcs and other
books that they needed to give away. The
amazing team had filled the entire room with
a massive collection of books that we were allowed to
choose from.



So the books I picked up were:




ARCS
Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster by Liza Palmer
The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
Dreaming Darkly by Caitlin Kittredge
The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
Love from A to Z by S.K. Ali
Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
We Rule the Night by Claire Eliza Bartlett
Bright Burning Stars by A.K Small
Wilder Girls by Rory Power
The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala
The Wicked King by Holly Black
We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
The Cold is in her Bones by Peternelle Van Arsdale
The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare



FINISHED COPIES
On the Come up by Angie Thomas
Fire and Blood by G.R.R Martin
Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare



MANGA
My Hero Academia: Vigilantes by Hideyuki Furuhashi
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War by Aka Akasaka
The Young Master's Revenge by Meca Tanaka
Demon Slayer by Kimetsu No Yaiba and Koyoharu Gotouge
Kenka Bancho Otome by Chie Shimada














I also managed to pick up all the amazing #BookBestie 's that Indigo has recently launched. 

These are beautifully designed book sleeves and I loved getting to see the upcoming designs that they already have planned (Spoiler: they are amazing!). They come in 4 designs so far in both cotton and vegan leather, I love the cat and floral design in particular.








And that's it!
This event was fantastic and I loved every second. The entire
event was fantastically organised and I loved getting to
talk and learn about some amazing upcoming
books across many different genres.

I am beyond excited for the next event and
for all the upcoming releases.

What books are you most excited for?



I just want to say one more thank you to the entire
team for pulling off another event and for
allowing all of us to raid your book supply.






No comments:

Post a Comment