Friday 3 April 2020

RECAP: Favourite Books in 2020 so Far...




This year has been a fantastic year for new books releases.

There are so many books that I am excited for this year and I have already read some books that I can see easily being my favourite of the year.

So far this year I have read twenty books and I haven't been disappointed by any of them. However, five books in particular are in my top favourites from January to March.



_________________________


Those books are:

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas
Vicious/Vengeful by V.E Schwab
Death Note Series by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
Fruits Basket Series by Natsuki Takaya
Bone Crier's Moon by Kathryn Purdie
Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

_________________________




I loved all of these books. I finally got around to reading Vicious and Vengeful by V.E Schwab which was even better than I was expecting.

V.E Schwab is a fantastic writer and I am obsessed with her Darker Shades of Magic series. Vicious and Vengeful were wonderfully addicting books with fantastic characters and an addicting storyline. I really loved reading a villain story rather than a hero one. I highly recommend checking out this series.
Two manga series’ are also on this list: Fruits Basket and Death Note.

I've been reading the Fruits Basket manga slowly over the last year or so and this year I finally finished off the series! I fell completely in love with the series and the characters. The 2019 manga is just as fantastic as the manga series and I can't wait to watch season two and read the spin-off series Fruits Basket Another.

I also finally read and finished the Death Note series. It was a fantastic story with compelling characters and a terrifying premise. It's another manga series that I definitely recommend.

I read two #IndigoStaffPicks in recent months which I loved: Tweet Cute and Bone Crier's Moon. Tweet Cute is one of the only contemporary books I've read this year but was one I really loved. Bone Crier's Moon was a fantastic fantasy book that I couldn't put down. You can read my review for Tweet Cute here and Bone Crier's Moon here.

And finally, the book I finished most recently: Crescent City: House of Earth and Blood. Wow, what a book this was. I can't stop thinking about this book. From the first few pages I was hooked and I couldn't put the book down.

It was an addicting read from start to finish. I loved the characters, the storyline, the magical aspect and the setting. This is 100% one you need to be checking out if you haven't already.

What have been your favourite books of the year so far?

I can't wait to read more this year, both new releases and books on my tbr...






No comments:

Post a Comment