Saturday 29 December 2018

Bookmas 2018: Day Nine




It's day 9 of Bookmas 2018,
and today I'm sharing some of
my favourite debut authors of 2018!


So, let's just jump into it...







Children of Blood and Bone
by Tomi Adeyemi


This book has been immensely
popular this year and I can see why.

This book had me hooked throughout
the entire book. Tomi Adeyemi is
a fantastic writer and her world,
the magic and the characters created
a wonderful and magical story.

I cannot wait for the sequel
to come out and I hope it's just
as good as this one was.

Check it out here








Heart of Thorns
by Bree Barton


Heart of Thorns is the first in
a new YA trilogy.

I didn't know much about this
book when I received an arc for it.
But, I ended up really enjoying it. It may
follow some of the typical YA tropes, but
Bree Barton turned them into something
special.

I look forward to read the other two
books in the series.

Check it out here
Read my review here






Sea Witch
by Sarah Henning


Retellings are a popular genre,
but this one is of my favourites I've
read.

I really enjoyed that this
retelling was based around the
Little Mermaid but focused on the
origin story of Ursula.

It's the first time I've read a
retelling told from the 'enemy'
point of view. The story was fantastic
and I cannot wait to read more
from Sarah Henning.

Check it out here
Read my review here







The Wicked Deep
by Shea Ernshaw


I admit, I originally wanted this
book for its eye-catching cover.
But, after reading the synopsis I knew
I would love the story too.

Shea Ernshaw is a fantastic writer. 
Everything about this book I loved.
The characters were well developed and
the story had me on the edge of my seat.

I'm extremely excited to read her next
book.

Check it out here
Read my review here






The Chalk Man
by C.J Tudor


I'm fairly new to the thriller/horror
genre. The Chalk Man had everything
that I love about the genre.

C.J Tudor had me on the edge
of my seat from start to finish.
I was constantly guessing at where
the story was going to end, but the
ending was never something I
saw coming.

I cannot wait to read more
books from her in the
future.

Check it out here
Read my review here






I picked just five of my favourite
books from 2018's debut authors.
So many debut authors released
amazing books this year and I cannot
wait to read all the debut books
next year.


What were your favourite
books from this year's
debut authors?


Be sure to check back tomorrow
for day 10 of Bookmas 2018!



No comments:

Post a Comment