Wednesday 18 December 2019

BOOKMAS 2019: Day One, Fave Books of 2019



Welcome to Bookmas 2019!
For those who don't know, each year I do 12
post during December;  six before Christmas and
six after Christmas.


So for day one, I'll be sharing some of
my favourite books from 2019!


So let's get started...






Capturing the Devil
by Kerri Maniscalco



This book was everything!

This book is the fourth and final book in this incredible series, and although I'm sad to see it end, I loved how this final book concluded the amazing story and journey of Thomas and Audrey Rose.

Kerri Maniscalco quickly became one of my favourite authors and I am beyond excited to see what she writes next.












Arc of a Scythe Series
by Neal Shusterman


Wow. What else can I say?

This series had been on my TBR for
a while and this year I finally took the plunge.

This trilogy was so much more than I was expecting, I loved and devoured every book.
This is definitely a series to pick up if you haven't already.












Sorcery of Thorns

by Margaret Rogerson


This is the second book from Margaret Rogerson and I enjoyed it just as much as her first book.

This book was fantastic and I loved every second of it. It's hard to pick which I enjoyed more, this one or the first. But, I highly recommend picking up this book or Margaret Rogerson's first.

I mean, what's not to love about magical books?










Howl's Moving Castle
by Diana Wynee Jones



Studio Ghibli is one of my favourite animation studies and Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favourite films.

This book is very different to the film, so don't go into this book expecting it to be the same. I loved the film but I loved the book even more.

Howl is much more sassy and witty. I fell in love with him even more because of it. The relationships and descriptions are beautifully written and I didn't want it to end.

There are another two books in the series that I am hoping to pick up in the new year. I highly recommend picking up this book if you loved the film and wanted more.












The Hiding Place

by C.J Tudor


Thrillers have quickly become one of my favourite genres and C.J Tudor has become one of my favourite thriller writers. The Chalk Man was one of my favourite reads of last year and The Hiding Place is on this year's list.

C.J Tudor is a fantastic writer with a vivid imagination. This book had me on the edge of my seat and I highly recommend picking up this book or The Chalk Man if you love thrillers.









That's just five of my favourite books from this year
but there were many amazing books that I read
this year.


Other books I enjoyed were:

Sailor Moon Eternal
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell
Well Met by Jen DeLuca
Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
Elevator Pitch by Linwood Barclay



What books did you read and love this year?
Be sure to come back tomorrow for Bookmas
day two!








No comments:

Post a Comment