Monday 1 January 2018

Bookmas Day Twelve: Anticipated Books of 2018



The year is finally over and to round off the end of Bookmas 2017 I thought it was only right to share with you my most anticipated books of 2018! 

So let's jump right to it!




Everless 
by Sara Holland



I've actually read this one and I also did a review as part of Bookmas which you can find here

However, I'm dying to get my hands on a finished copy and for others to enjoy it! The cover is gorgeous and the story beautifully written. I highly recommend you check this book out.

SYNOPSIS: In the kingdom of Sempera, time is currency—extracted from blood, bound to iron, and consumed to add time to one’s own lifespan. After being forced to leave Everless due to a fateful accident, Jules and her Father have no plans to return. That is until Jules discovers her Father is dying. She knows that she must return to Everless to earn more time for him before she loses him forever. But going back to Everless brings more danger—and temptation—than Jules could have ever imagined. Caught in twisted secrets and finds her heart torn.





A Court of Frost and Starlight
by Sarah J Maas



In 2017, one of my most anticipated books was A Court of Wings and Ruin. In 2018, it is yet another Sarah J Maas book and I have no regrets.

I have loved her books since I found out about them in 2014 and I am now the proud owner of all of her books. I also had the pleasure of meeting Sarah J Maas in May 2017 at one of her signings and I loved it. I managed to get all the Court books signed and I also have 2 books from her Throne of Glass series signed.

SYNOPSIS: Feyre, Rhys and their friends are busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly changed world beyond. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated and even a festive atmosphere cannot keep the shadows of the past from looming.

This book actually bridges the way to the novellas coming out sometime in the future. I imagine a lot of you have already read Sarah J Maas's books but if you haven't I highly recommend them.

Links: Goodreads, Amazon.com








The Androma Saga: Zenith 
by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings





I'm sure many of you know about this book coming out. I've actually already read the arc which you can find my review of here.


I loved this book and I can't wait for the official release. I'm actually planning on going to the signing at Yorkdale, Ontario which I cannot wait for.


SYNOPSIS: Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness, a powerful mercenary whose reign of terror stretches across the Mirabel Galaxy. To those aboard her glass starship, Marauder, however, she's just Andi, their friend and fearless leader. Andi and her crew embark on a dangerous, soul-testing journey that could restore order to their ship or just as easily start a war that will devour worlds. 

This book was a huge improvement from the part 1 e-book released previously. I cannot wait for others to enjoy this book too! If you're going to the signing in Yorkdale let me know!




Escaping from Houdini 
by Kerri Manicalco


If you've seen my other Bookmas post where I discuss my favourite books of the year, it should be no surprise that this book is on my anticipated read for next year. Kerri Manicalco is a fantastic writer and I cannot wait to see where she takes the main characters in this upcoming installment.

SYNOPSIS: Audrey Rose and Thomas Cresswell, are on route to New York to help solve another blood-soaked mystery. They embark on a week-long voyage across the Atlantic on the opulent RMS Etruria. Privileged young women begin to go missing without explanation, and a series of brutal slayings shocks the entire ship. It’s up to Audrey Rose and Thomas to piece together the gruesome investigation as even more passengers die before reaching their destination. But with clues to the next victim pointing to someone she loves, can Audrey Rose unravel the mystery before the killer’s horrifying finale? 

Links: Goodreads





The Hazel Wood
by Melissa Albert
                                     

The cover for this book is beautiful and the story sounds amazing. This book actually comes out January 30th and I cannot wait. I plan on buying it asap or I might pre-order it sometime soon.

SYNOPSIS: Alice and her mother have spent most of Alice’s life on the road, always a step ahead of the uncanny bad luck biting at their heels. Alice’s grandmother dies alone on her estate, the Hazel Wood; Alice learns how bad her luck can really get: her mother is stolen away―by a figure who claims to come from the Hinterland, the cruel supernatural world where her grandmother's stories are set. Alice's only lead is the message her mother left behind: “Stay away from the Hazel Wood.”

This book sounds spooky and exciting with fantasy and untold stories thrown into the mix. I really cannot wait for this book.








And that's it. The 5 books I'm most looking forward to in 2018 as well as the end of Bookmas 2017!
I loved doing this and I hope you enjoyed all the 12 posts that I have shared with you. I've had a blast coming up with all the ideas and books to share with you.

Let me know what else you'd love to see on my blog down in the comments.


Here's to all the books we may read in 2018 and a
Happy New Year to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment