Wednesday 14 June 2017

REVIEW: The Music Maker Series: Inharmonic by A.K.R Scott

Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult/Romance

Publisher:
 Self-Published

ISBN13: 9780998508306

Format: E-Book/Paperback

Release Date: Jan 5th 2017

Links: Goodreads, Amazon.com
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Website

Rating: 7/10


Synopsis:


Nadja’s life was perfectly planned: marry Luca, learn his trade, have their children. But the night of their betrothal celebration, her plans go up in smoke.

Now on the run, she’ll have to leave behind the only life she’s ever known. And to stay alive, she’ll have to become something that defies everything she’s been taught to believe.

But Nadja isn’t the only one changing.

In Amrantir, where music is magic, nature bends to the will of the Musicians. But an echo from the past threatens the balance between Man and nature.


With her newfound security in jeopardy, can Nadja evade capture and certain death? Can she unravel the mysterious circumstances linking her to Amrantir’s checkered past? And can she fend off the advances of the handsome woodsman determined to help her?





Review:




**I was sent Inharmonic by A.K.R Scott for free in return for my honest review.**


I'll start off by saying I loved it! I was curious as to how musical elements could be added into a fanatsy world and it was done really well!


Inharmonic is a fantastic opening novel for the Music Maker Series. It offers insight into the world, has a strong female lead, waves of action and great supporting characters.

The main character is Nadja. A strong female with a strong voice, thrown into a new world. I loved following her journey into finding herself and starting a new life. She has a great personality and I really grew to love her more throughout the story. I love how strong-minded and determined she is, willing to take up any challenge.


The description and world building is brilliant. In fact, I'd love for even more world building (I've always loved maps in books and placing every location.)


Now lets talk music. As I've said, I really wasn'st sure how it would work within the story. It's not something I've personally seen before. But wow, was I surprised. I loved how it was intertwined within the story and how they worked with the added fantasy elements.

The Conservatory was a fantastic addition. I'd love to see more later in the series. I was fascinated by the different classes as well as the great characters that are introduced once Nadja arrives. Helaine is one of these. I loved her personality and the strong friendship that she quickly builds with our main character. (and she plays voilin! I've always wanted to learn it!)

The main plot point of the story kicks of straight away after Nadja is forced to leave her village. ( I won't spoil the reason why.) It isn't too fast paced and you are left guessing at what is going to happen to Nadja, her family and her friends. The end half of the book had me on the edge of my seat (especially a scene concerning a certain person from Nadja village) and I didn't want it to end.

I very much look forward to the other books in the series. I really reccomend that you pick this book up if you haven't already. Be sure to check out the links above.

No comments:

Post a Comment