Monday 2 October 2017

REVIEW: Zenith: The Androma Saga by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

Photo taken from Goodreads
Genre: Young Adult/Sci-fi/Fantasy

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

ISBN: 0373212593

Release Date: January 16th 2018


Links: Goodreads, Amazon.comIndigo
B&N, Book Depository

Offical Website

Sasha Alsberg Website
Sasha Alsberg YouTube

Lindsay Cummings Website
Lindsay Cummings YouTube


Rating: 8/10


Synopsis:

Most know Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness, a powerful mercenary whose reign of terror stretches across the Mirabel Galaxy. To those aboard her glass starship, Marauder, however, she's just Andi, their friend and fearless leader.

But when a routine mission goes awry, the Marauder's all-girl crew is tested as they find themselves in a treacherous situationand at the mercy of a sadistic bounty hunter from Andi's past.

Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a ruthless ruler waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time to exact revenge for the destruction of her people. The pieces of her deadly plan are about to fall into place, unleashing a plot that will tear Mirabel in two.

Andi and her crew embark on a dangerous, soul-testing journey that could restore order to their shipor just as easily start a war that will devour worlds. As the Marauder hurtles toward the unknown, and Mirabel hangs in the balance, the only certainty is that in a galaxy run on lies and illusion, no one can be trusted.



Review:



**I was sent this book by Harper Collins in return for my honest review**


Well, where to start?

First I want to mention that I read and reviewed Part One of this book when it was released last year. If you'd like to know my thoughts on that you can find my review here as I will be discussing some of my points that I made back then.

This book was a huge improvement from the e-book/part one that was released last year. I had my own issues with it but they were put to rest with the release of the full book. I felt more connected to the characters and the world than I had before.

There are a lot of characters to follow in this novel with different chapters being from different character point of views. Now, normally I don't mind this... However, there were a lot of different characters to read from; so many that I kind of felt myself getting annoyed? But, maybe that is just me.

I loved Andie and her team.  Andie is a strong woman- named the 'Bloody Baroness'. I'd say she lives up to her name but perhaps not fully. She isn't as brutal as she is made out to be. Instead she feels pain after killing someone, marking them on her sword. She expressed how she doesn't want to kill anyone but still continues to do it. I expected her to be more lethal and emotionless but I liked this side of her. It shows she is human just like the rest of us and she feels remorse but will do anything to protect those she loves. I think Lira is my favourite character other than Andie.

There is steady character development through the 500 and so pages which I loved. I felt connected to quite a few of them and loved reading about their pasts (especially Andie's and Lira's).

The storyline was so much more developed than the e-book previously released. This, of course, is to be expected after having time to edit and actually write a full length novel. I'd say the time since then has been well spent. I found myself enjoying this novel a lot knowing there was an actual storyline I could continue reading. It was fast-paced, exciting and I was yearning for more and more.

I felt that both Sasha Alsberg's and Lindsay Cumming's writing blended together a lot better in this version. Before I had felt it was obvious who had written each part. With this version I had none of that, which I was really happy with. It's great to see two authors work so well together.

Now my main thoughts on the e-book was that it mostly sold well due to Sasha Alsberg being a big booktuberhere) and I do still believe that. Of course this book, I imagine, is going to sell well with her name attached. But I hope people actually pick up this book to enjoy it too and because it interests them. I had great fun reading Zenith and I'm sure many others will too.
on YouTube (her channel found

Overall, this book isn't perfect but I enjoyed it nevertheless. If you love sci-fi, space and a badass crew of girls then you'll love this book.

Let me know your thoughts if you've read this book in the comments below.







No comments:

Post a Comment