Tuesday 10 July 2018

REVIEW: The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy

Publisher: Simon Pulse

ISBN: 1481497340

Format: Hardback, Paperback, E-Book,
Audio-Book

Release Date: 6th March 2018


Links: Goodreads, Amazon.com, Indigo
B&N, Book Depository

Website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook,
Pinterest


Rating: 10/10



Synopsis:

Welcome to the cursed town of Sparrow…

Where, two centuries ago, three sisters were sentenced to death for witchery. Stones were tied to their ankles and they were drowned in the deep waters surrounding the town.

Now, for a brief time each summer, the sisters return, stealing the bodies of three weak-hearted girls so that they may seek their revenge, luring boys into the harbor and pulling them under.
Like many locals, seventeen-year-old Penny Talbot has accepted the fate of the town. But this year, on the eve of the sisters’ return, a boy named Bo Carter arrives; unaware of the danger he has just stumbled into.

Mistrust and lies spread quickly through the salty, rain-soaked streets. The townspeople turn against one another. Penny and Bo suspect each other of hiding secrets. And death comes swiftly to those who cannot resist the call of the sisters.

But only Penny sees what others cannot. And she will be forced to choose: save Bo, or save herself.








Review:



So I'll be honest. I spotted this book a couple of days before its official release date. The holographic cover caught my eye and completely drew me to it. I read the synopsis and I was hooked. I waited for its release day and then bought it.

From the first few lines on the very first page, I was hooked. The story alternates chapters between present day and flashes to the past. We meet and learn about the three Swan sisters and what it was that led them to their death. In present time, we meet Penny and learn about the curse that the Swan sisters left in wake of their death and the hold that they have over the small town.

I loved reading this. I was instantly thrown into the mystery and trying to guess who the sisters had possessed. I was instantly in love with the town and the dark mystery surrounding  the Swan sisters.

The story is beautifully crafted. Shea Ernshaw wrote the book wonderfully and handled the intertwining of the curse amazingly. I had a feeling I knew who the Swan sisters might have possessed but they were quickly thrown out and I kept guessing until the end of the book.

The twist was fantastic. I had a feeling of what may happen but it threw it into new proportions and was so much more than I was expecting.

Shea Ernshaw is a fantastic writer and has come up with a story full of love, betrayal, curses and hope. She has an amazing style of writing and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with in her next book.




No comments:

Post a Comment