Tuesday 11 February 2020

RECAP: Books read in January 2020






This year, I've decided to do a mini recap at the end of each month to share all the books I read during that month! It's my first time doing something like this on my blog but I hope you
enjoy it!

This year I really hope to get more reading done than I did in 2019. I felt as if I was reading but I didn't love every book I read. The books I have read so far this year I have loved. Instead of planning which books to read, I'm just picking up ones that I am in the mood for at the time.


Books Read this Month: 4
Average Rating: 4.5 Stars





The books I read this month were:

Snug by Catana Chetwynd
The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe
Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
The Toll by Neal Shusterman


______________________________________


The first book I read this month was Snug which is a collection of adorable comics about dating your best friend. All of these comics were so cute and I was actually laughing out loud while reading. I really want to pick up Catana Chetwynd's other comic book when I can!

Of all the books I read this month I enjoyed Tweet Cute the most. This one is actually the #IndigoStaffPick for February but I recieved a copy early from Indigo to share.

This book was amazing and an adorable read. I loved the romance and the characters. I have a full review that you can check out here

I also finally read the third and final book in the Arc of a Scythe series: The Toll. This book was an amazing conclusion to an addicting series. However, it wasn't my favourite books of the series. I felt it dragged a little in places and there were so many different perspectives it got a little annoying at times. But, it still was a great end and I loved how everything wrapped up and came together at the end of the book.

I'm a big historical fiction fan, so this month I picked up The Librarian of Auschwitz. This was a really powerful and impactful book. I loved reading about the impacts the war had on people from the perspective of an actual survivor of a concentration camp. The book was dark and hard to read at times and yet I couldn't put the book down.

How many books did you read during January?
What book was your favourite read from the month?














No comments:

Post a Comment