Tuesday 31 March 2020

RECAP: Books Read in March 2020





Wow, what a month March was for exciting reads!


_________________________



Total Books Read: 7
Average Rating: 5 Stars


_________________________


Books Read:

Death Note VI by by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
Fruits Basket 10 by Natsuki Takaya
Fruits Basket 11 by Natsuki Takaya
Fruits Basket 12 by Natsuki Takaya
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas
Bone Crier's Moon by Kathryn Purdie

_________________________



First, I wanted to talk a little more about my book bullet journal. I've shared a bit of it in the past, but I'm hoping to start doing more of a focus on it in future blog posts. For March's theme I did a To All the Boys I've Loved Before theme.

This was actually inspired by Amanda Rach Lee on YouTube so make sure you check her video! I used pink, light blue and grid line washi tape along with little doodles to create a spread that I'm hoping reflects the movie poster that Netflix released back when the first movie was released.


_________________________



Now onto the books...


I started off the month by finally finished the Death Note manga, and what an ending that was! I already suspected how it would end and I was pretty accurate in my assumptions. However, I loved the twists and turns this series threw my way and I highly recommend picking up this manga series if you haven't already!

Death Note wasn't the only manga series I finished off this month. I finally bought the last three volumes in the Fruits Basket series, which I loved. This manga series is probably one of my all-time favourites and I honestly haven't stopped thinking about it since I finished it. I really recommend this manga alongside the new anime that was released last year (season two starts this spring!).

The final two books I read in March were fantasy books that I have had on my tbr since last year. Bone Crier's Moon was a fantastic book (which was also the March #indigostaffpick). Since I finished it I've been yearning for the sequel. The first book has gorgeous cover and the storyline/ magic aspects were fantastically written.  Check out my full review of this book here.

And now for my favourite read of the month: House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas!

This book was everything I wanted it to be and more. Sarah J Maas is such a fantastic writer and every single one of her books I have loved and not been able to put down. This was her first adult book and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. I honestly think this will be my favourite read of the year and it's only March! If you haven't checked out this amazing fantasy book already make sure you do!


How many books did you read during March?
What was your favourite read from March?





No comments:

Post a Comment