Thursday 27 December 2018

Bookmas 2018: Day Seven





Welcome to day 7 of Bookmas
where I share how I made a Christmas
flower decoration!


So let's just jump into it...











What you'll need:



Glue Gun
Silicon Work Matt
Paint or Spray Paint







Method:



First I made 10 leaves using the hot glue,
making sure that all the leaves are
roughly the same shape.
(The silicon matt insures that
the glue won't stick to the surface you work
on and makes it easy to lift the leaves
from the surface)


I also created 5 small lines of glue with
a dot on the end. This is to create the
stamen part of the flower.


After letting all the parts harden
I glued together 5 of the leaves
to create a flower shape.


I then did this again with the other
5 leaves before attach the two parts
together to form the flower.


Finally, I added the 5
stamen into the centre of the flower.



At this stage I decided to paint
one of the flowers with white paint.
I did 2 layers to make sure
all of the hot glue was covered.
I didn't have any spray paint,
but using it would be much quicker and
would ensure that the paint is even.


To finish it off you could add
sting using hot glue so that you
could easily hang it from a Christmas
tree, or maybe even create a Christmas wreath
or place it on a Christmas tree without adding
string.







So what do you think?


That's the end of day 7 of Bookmas.
Be sure to check back tomorrow
for day 8!









No comments:

Post a Comment