Tuesday 18 December 2018

Bookmas 2018: Day One




Welcome to Bookmas 2018!

Last year I posted every day for six days before Christmas and six days after 
Christmas. Posts included reviews, crafts and recommended reads.

You can read all my posts from Bookmas 2017 here


So to kick of Bookmas 2018 I'm sharing with you 10 of my favourite
books that I read in 2018.

So let's jump into it.






Small Spaces by Katherine Arden



This was the first book from Katherine Arden that I've read and I loved it.

Small Spaces was a fantastic middle-grade book. I was hooked from start to finish. Katherine Arden is a fantastic writer and Small Spaces is a book I've kept in my thoughts since I finished it.

You can read my full review here









Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco


Stalking Jack the Ripper is one of my all-time favourite series, so how could the latest installment in the series not be on this list?

This latest book follows Audrey Rose and Thomas on their journey across the ocean to America. The story was fantastic and I think this
was my favourite book in the series so far.













The Chalk Man by C.J Tudor



 This book has probably been my favourite thriller book that I've read this year.

The storyline was fantastic and I couldn't put the book down from start to finish. Everything from the characters and the storyline had me on the edge of my seat.

You can check out my review here














The Hunger by Alma Katsu


This book was amazing.

Anything that is within the historic genre and I tend to love it. The Hunger was no exception.
This book had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. The historic fantasy with hints towards the supernatural and horror really made for a fantastic read.

You can read my review here










The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw



If you love witches and a mysterious curse than this book is for you.

This book was an amazing read. The mystery around the curse had me hooked and I loved the characters. Shea Ernshaw is a fantastic writer and came up with a fantastic story of love, betrayal and curses.

You can read my review here











A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas


This was probably my most anticipated book of the year and it didn't disappoint.

Sarah J Maas is one of my favourite authors and I have loved all of her books so far. The story of Feyre and Rhysand is one my favourites and I loved seeing the characters come together.

I only wish that the book had been longer. But I cannot wait to read the next books following Feyre's sister and seeing how her story plays out.















A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab


It took me a long time to finally get around to reading this book and the other two in the series, but boy was I not disappointed.

The fantasy setting and the characters that V.E Schwab came up with was wonderful. I ended up reading the entire trilogy in one sitting and I was left yearning for more. 

I can't wait to read even more of V.E Schwab's books and I highly recommend you check her work out.












The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White


I was so excited to receive an arc of this book from Penguin Teen Canada in September.

I didn't know what to expect when I jumped into this book but I ended up loving everything. From the characters to the storyline. Kiersten White did an amazing job at turning a story that everyone already knows into something amazing.

You can check out my review here









A Noise Downstairs by Lindwood Barlcay


This is another thriller book that I loved.

This book created a terrifying setting that had me on the edge of my seat. Throughout the entire book I was left guessing at what was going to happen next. The ending of the book wasn't something I had seen coming and I was left in shock.

You can read my review here









So that's the end of my top 10 favourite books of the year as well as the first
blog post of Bookmas 2018!


What were your favourite books that you've read this year?


Be on the lookout tomorrow for another blog post.








No comments:

Post a Comment