Friday 28 December 2018

Bookmas 2018: Day Eight




Welcome to day 8 of Bookmas where I'll be sharing some 
of my favourite fantasy books that I read this year!


So many amazing fantasy books came out this year and
I finally got around to reading some that had been on my 
tbr for a while.


So let's take a look at some of my favourite fantasy
books...







Uprooted by Noami Novik


This year I was lucky enough to be
sent Uprooted and Spinning Silver from
Penguin Canada. I'd heard amazing things
about Uprooted and I ended up loving it
even more than I expected. Spinning
Silver was also an amazing read, but
I personally preferred Uprooted.

You can read my review for Uprooted here
and Spinning Silver here











A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab


I've wanted to read this trilogy for a very long time 
and this summer I finally did. I'd only heard amazing 
things and I was super happy that these books lived up to 
their expectation. 

I was hooked from these books from the start and 
ended up reading the entire trilogy in a couple of days. 
Everything from the world, the magic and the characters 
had me hooked and on the edge of my seat.

If you haven't checked out these books I highly 
recommend you do!













The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross


This book from a debut author was sent 
to my from HarperCollins Canada earlier 
in the year. I didn't know much about the 
book before starting it, but I ended 
up loving it. Rebecca Ross did a fantastic job 
at creating the world and characters. 

This book really was a fantastic debut book 
and I cannot wait to see what 
Rebecca Ross comes up with next.

You can read my full review here












The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green


This book was immediately on my tbr after it was described as 'Game of Thrones for a young adult audience'. This book ended up being even better than I had expected.

Sally Green did a fantastic job at creating fantastic characters that I really felt connected to. The chapters switch between all the different characters giving you a real sense of the political conflict and war that is happening and how each side is coping.

You can read my full review here










Sea Witch by Sarah Henning


This debut book is a retelling of The Little Mermaid from Ursula's perspective and it was fantastic! This is the first Little Mermaid retelling I've read and I really loved that it was an origin story for Ursula. 

I was very excited to receive an arc in the mail from HarperCollins Canada and I ended up completely flying through the book and being left wanting more. I'm excited to see what Sarah Henning comes up with in her next book.

You can read my full review here








I read a lot of fantasy books, so choosing my top 5 favourites was 
pretty difficult. There are so many more fantasy books that I loved this year
and so many amazing fantasy books were released.


What's your favourite fantasy book from this year?


Tomorrow is Day 9 of Bookmas so be sure to check
back for another blog post!





No comments:

Post a Comment