Thursday 20 December 2018

Bookmas 2018: Day Three



Welcome to day 3 of Bookmas
2018!


Today I'm sharing how you can make
your own magical wands with a few
simple steps.


So let's jump into it...

















What you'll need:



Wooden Dowels
Glue Gun
Paints
Paint Brushes














Method:



Creating your wand is pretty simple. I
purchased wooden dowels of different lengths,
so I decided to make a wand out of each.


I started by building up layers of hot glue,
letting it dry to building a better shape.
It can take quite a while. You could use
a high or low heat glue gun. I personally
found a high heat glue gun easier to use,
it let me building the shape I wanted
without drying.












You can create any wand shape you like.
All three of my wands ended up very different
from one another. You can definitely
create a wand that reflects yourself.


You could also add other items into the glue
such as string and beads. I chose not to
but it would add some interesting dimension
to the wand.


Finally, I used a mix of black, white, and brown
paint to decorate the wand. The mix of
colours helped to define the wand and I
think it helps it look more interesting and realistic.


And that's it!


You could always add glitter, sequins or any other
decorative materials you may have
around your house.







Are you going to try making your
own magical wand?


Be sure to check back tomorrow for
day 4 of Bookmas 2018!









No comments:

Post a Comment