Friday 20 September 2019

RECAP: Indigo YA Preview, Fall 2019




This past weekend was the Fall Indigo YA Preview!

This event is one of my favourites of
the year, so I was very
excited to receive an invitation.

So let's jump into it....




Most Anticipated


5th December


During the presentation, we talked about
many exciting upcoming books. So, I
have chosen some of my favourites from each
section to talk about.

So first up are some of the most anticipated books
for the year. A lot of books are coming
out this year that I am very excited for, so today
I picked a few that I am most excited for including:

The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
,
Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell,
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo,
The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs
and
Children of Virtue and Vengeance by
Tomi Adeyemi.









True Crime

Great New Fantasy



We then talked about poetry, books for YA
explorers, #metoo books, true crime books, and
great new fantasy books.

Fantasy is one of my favourite genres,
so of course there are quite a few that I am
excited for. I've also loved
true crime books recently.
The books I am excited for in these
genres are:

Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen
The Forest City Killer by Vanessa Brown
Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muri
Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao
and
Diamond City by Francesca Flores




Graphic Novels & Manga



Next up was one of my favourite genres: manga
and graphic novels. There are two books
that I am very excited for
this year:

Monstress: The Chosen by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda
and
Persona 5: The Manga by Hisato Murasaki and Atlus

We then talked about the Indigo Book Box
(which you can check out here) and got
an early look into what the box for November is!
I then was lucky enough to win a September box during
a trivia section (unboxing here).







8th October




We then moved on to talking about upcoming
contemporary books. This tends to be
a genre I don't often read but, there are
a few that I'm excited to read.

The Library of Lose Things by
Laura Taylor Namey
 is one book I
am very excited to read. This is an upcoming
debut novel that was described at the
event as 'swoon worthy'. Plus,
it's about a girl that works in a bookstore
so how can I not be excited for it?







Sci-Fi & Dystopian

Thrillers & Mysteries



We then moved on to talking about sci-fi, dystopian,
thrillers and mysteries.

Books I am most excited for
are:

The Toll by Neal Shusterman
Crown of Oblivion by Julie Eshbaugh
The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring
and
Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia


I just started reading Scythe and I am loving it
so I cannot wait for The Toll to come out
and see where the story goes. Also,
Eliza and her Monsters is one of my favourite
books I have ever read, so I am beyond excited
to read a new book from the same author.




Paranormal

28th January


There are many amazing paranormal books
coming out and I am beyond excited for
including:

Cupid's Match by Lauren Palphreyman
Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
Reverie by Ryan La Sala
The Night Country by Melissa Albert

and
Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda
and Valynne E. Maetani.

I am particularly excited for Seven Deadly
Shadows
 which takes inspiration from Asian
mythology/folklore and is about a young women who
can see ghosts.







4th February



One of the most recent books I read
was Frankly in Love by David Yoon and I
loved it. It is one of my favourite books
that I have read this year so far.

Another Rom-Com book coming out for
that I am excited for is Love Boat, Taipei
by Abigail Hing Wen
. This books
is about 1st generation Asians going on
a trip where they are expected to meet
their future partner. It seems
like a really fun and exciting book
which I cannot wait to read.








Historical

Under the Radar



One of my favourite parts of the presentation was
the 'Under the Radar' books, which is where we talk
about upcoming books that deserve
more attention.

There are a lot of exciting historical books
also coming out soon that I am excited for.
I recently read Capturing the Devil by Kerri
Maniscalco
 which is the final book
in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series which is one
of my all-time favourite series.


The books I am excited for from
these two sections are:

The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett
The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh
Unpregnant by Jenni Hendricks and Ted Caplan
The Never Tiliting World by Rin Chupeco
The Light at the Bottom of the World by London Shah
and
A Queen in Hiding by Sarah Kozloff





2020 Highly Anticipated Books



19th May


Lastly, we talked about books that are coming out
later in 2020 that are highly anticipated. Next year
is shaping up to be an exciting year for books including:

Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
The Fire Never Goes Out by Noelle Stevenson
Bone Crier's Moon by Kathryn Purdie
Crescent City by Sarah J. Maas
 
and
Untitled Panem Novel by Suzanne Collins

It's hard to believe that it has been so long
since the final Hunger Games book came out but,
we are finally getting another book set in the same
dystopian world that I am beyond excited
for. We also have a sequel series to The
Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
 and
a new adult novel by Sarah J. Maas.




And that's it.

The presentation was amazing and
I loved getting to talk and hear about books
from a wide range of different genres.
As you can see there are a lot of amazing
and exciting books coming out and I only picked
the ones I am most excited for. There are a
lot more books coming out that were touched upon
and my tbr is definitely a lot bigger.

At the end of the presentation, not only
were we gifted swag bags full of amazing bookish swag
and arcs but, we were also allowed to pick any of the books
and arcs that were on display around the room.
I came out with a lot of books that I
cannot wait to read.


Be on the lookout
for another blog post coming next
week where I will
be sharing all of the items that I
was gifted as well as the many arcs
and books that I picked up.


I just want to say another huge thank you to
Tina and the entire Indigo Teen team for
inviting and hosting another
amazing YA preview.


What books are you excited for?
Did your tbr just get a lot bigger?












No comments:

Post a Comment