Thursday 19 December 2019

BOOKMAS 2019: Day Two, Bookish Craft




Welcome to day two of Bookmas 2019!


Each year I love creating some bookish crafts
to share with you all, and this year is not different.


Today on the blog I'll be sharing how you can
create your own Wizarding trunk Christmas
decoration!


You can also catch the process by video over
on my Instagram account here.











Today's craft is a simple one but one I love!



What you'll need:

- A Wooden Box (I picked mine up at Michaels, there were lots to pick from but I picked the one I thought was most like a wizarding trunk!)

- Brown Paint

- Gold Paint

- Paint Brushes

- Craft Wire or String

- Scissors

- Mod Podge











Steps:


- Start by painting the box with brown paint. Make sure to be careful when painting around the clasp. Be sure to paint a second layer of brown paint if needed.

- Paint gold striped down the top and front of the box with a thin paint brush. (Do additional coats if needed).

- After letting the box dry, open the box and paint the inside brown.

- While the box dries, cut the craft wire or string to a desired length to turn the box into a hanging decoration.

- Once all the brown paint had dried, I painted a H.P on the side of the box to represent the initials of Harry Potter. (You could add initials you want to really personalise the decoration!)

- This bit is up to you. I decided to just place the wire on the inside of the box and closed the lid to secure it. This way you can remove the wire and use the decoration as a small trinket box.

- Then, used a glossy Mod Podge to make the gold stripes shine (this step is optional).

- As a last step, I added some wizarding stickers and a tiny textbook into the box. I think this would be a cute way into hiding little gifts for people.






What do you think?

This is a simple craft, but one I think is really fun
to make!

You can add any personal touches you like; from changing the initials, adding tiny surprised in the box and decorating the outside of the box with stickers or other colours.

I've always loved watching and reading the Harry Potter series throughout the winter. I've had the idea of making this decoration for a while so I'm happy to finally be sharing it with you.

Be sure to tag #krimsuunbookmas2019 on Instagram or Twitter if you try this craft for yourself!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for Bookmas Day Three!








No comments:

Post a Comment