Tuesday 31 December 2019

BOOKMAS 2019: Day Eleven, Yearly Reading Wrap Up!



Today is day eleven of Bookmas
2019 and the second to last day of
Bookmas on my blog!


For today's post I'll be doing
a wrap up of the books I
read in 2019!


So let's take a look...





One of the books I was most anticipating but never read!

2019 was going to be the year I was going to read all the books I had on my tbr... 

But, things didn't quite go to plan...

Although I did read a lot of books in 2019, I read more during 2018. There are also still a lot of books I had wanted to read from sequels and new releases to rereads and series'.

For 2019 I had planned to read 150 books, but it became clear rather quickly that it wasn't going to happen, so I changed my goal to 50 books.

I'm happy that I reached my goal and I loved the books that
I did read. I don't think there was one book that I hated and
wanted to DNF which I'm super happy about.


A favourite of the year!


Some of my favourite reads from this year include:

With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

The Hiding Place by C.J Tudor

Wicked Fox by Kat Cho

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Fruits Basket Manga by Natsuki Takeaya

Sailor Moon Manga by Naoko Takeuchi

Scythe by Neal Shusterman

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh






I finally read the first book and loved it!


For 2020 there are a lot of books I'm very excited to read. It looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic
year for new releases (blog post coming tomorrow!).

Of courses, if you caught my post the other day, you'll know that there are a lot of books I'm hoping to read in 2020.

That being said, never feel pressured to read as many books as you can. Always enjoy what you are reading and never force yourself through a book if you aren't enjoying it.


I know my tbr list will change, whether that be
due to receiving arcs and just putting off reading for other reasons. But, I hope to make 2020 an even better year for reading.

I thought I'd end my blog post with a look
into my Goodreads challenge!

Tomorrow is my last post for Bookmas 2019
on my blog, so be sure to check back for a look
into some of the books that I am excited for
in 2020!

















No comments:

Post a Comment