Saturday 23 December 2017

Bookmas Day Six: Bookish Decorations #2



Welcome to Book day six and part two of my bookish decorations!

If you haven't already be sure to check out part one! Now let's jump right into it!





Book Page Christmas Tree


What you'll need:

  • Glitter
  • Mod-podge
  • Book pages OR printed text
  • Bamboo skewers
  • Cork (optional)
  • String (optional)
  • Ruler
  • X-acto knife OR scissors


I actually found inspirations for this one on Pinterest but I love how mine turned out!

So I started off by tearing pages from an old book (I had 2 copies don't worry). Then I used a ruler and an X-acto knife (you could also use scissors) to cut a triangle out of the paper. 

I folded down the page four times to create dimension for the Christmas tree. I then cut a small hole in the centre of the folds and pushed a bamboo skewer through the holes. I arrange the page on the stick and use mod-podge to seal the stick into place. 

I then use the mod-podge and outlined the triangle with it before adding glitter around the edge. I cut out a star and covered that in mod-podge and then glitter before securing it to the top of the triangle.

At this point you could cut down the bamboo skewer and add string to tie this decoration to your Christmas tree or you could place the end of the bamboo skewer into a cork and have it as a table decoration!






Book Page Tree Decoration

What you'll need:
  • Empty bauble
  • X-acto knife
  • String
  • Ruler
  • Book pages OR printed book pages

This decoration was one of my favourites that I made- each one is unique and you can make each one different by using different book pages!

So I first cut out book pages from an old book (again one I had duplicate of) and then cut the page into strips using a ruler and x-acto knife. I then curled each of the strips into spirals.

I took my empty bauble and put the book page strips into it before sealing it shut. I finished it by tying some string to the end and I was done!

This decoration looks beautiful and I love how you can personalise each one for friends, family, etc. by using the book that they love to create this decoration.






Alice in Wonderland "drink me" Potion



What you'll need:
  • Clear glue
  • Blue food dye
  • Empty potion bottle
  • "Drink me" potion label (optional)
  • Super glue
  • Baking soda
  • Saline solution
  • Mod-podge

With this one I decided to try something different. Instead of just using glue I decided to make slime!

So to start off I mixed clear glue with baking soda. I then added a small amount of blue food dye and mixed before adding in saline solution. I kept doing this until the slime mixture stopped sticking to my mixing bowl. My potion bottle was pretty small so I didn't need much and ended up with some left over. All you have to do is keep it in an air-tight container!

I printed off a "drink me" label that I found here and used mod-podge to stick it to the potion bottle. I let this dry before adding the slime into the bottle and sealing the cork shut with super glue.

You could add string to put this on a Christmas tree or just keep it as a decoration on your bookshelf!





Book Page Paperchain


What you'll need:
  • Book pages OR printed text
  • Glue
  • Scissors
This one is pretty simple and I wasn't sure whether to include it BUT I think this decoration looks awesome on a Christmas tree. 

So first cut the book page OR printed text into thing strips. Glue one side to the other to make a hoop. Continue this looping each one with one another.

As I said- this one is simple but I love how it turned out. It's perfect for an extra bookish Christmas tree.





And that's it for day six of Bookmas! 

I hope you enjoyed these bookish decorations. Be on the lookout for part 3 of bookish decorations coming soon!

That's the end of the first 6 days of Bookmas! Don't forget to check back on the 27th for another 6 days of Bookmas fun!



"Merry Christmas!"




No comments:

Post a Comment