Saturday 30 December 2017

Bookmas Day Ten: 5 Books I wish I'd read in 2017




Welcome to day ten of Bookmas where I discuss 5 books I wish I'd read in 2017!

I may have read a lot of books but there are also a lot of books I didn't have a chance to get to that I wish I had. So I thought I would share some of those with you.

Let's get to it. 


Game of Thrones
by George R.R Martin


I love the Game of Thrones T.V show so it seems only right I read the books too. However, I still haven't got to them despite owning all of them released so far. Why? Honestly... the books seem very daunting to read. 

I tried to read the first one a few years back but did struggle to get into it. Now I'm older I think I'll give it another go. Perhaps I'll enjoy it more. Hopefully next year is finally the year I read at least the first novel.








Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children 
by Ransom Riggs


I actually got this one for Christmas last year and still haven't read it...

After seeing so much love for this trilogy I just had to get my hands on it. Christmas last year was the perfect opportunity after I received a gift card for my local bookstore, Chapters. So I got spending and got my hands on the box set that included 12 photographs that helped inspire the books. I've actually watched the film and I loved it, though I know it differs from the books slightly.

Hopefully I'll finally get to reading them next year.








A Monster Calls
by Patrick Ness


Well the good news is I haven't owned this novel for that long... but I still haven't read it yet. I actually own the special collectors' edition that I got on Amazon for a good price.

I heard about the film first and then saw the novel all over Bookstagram and Booktube so I just had to check it out. I knew I wanted the collectors' edition so I held off until I found it for a good price. Once I did, my tbr had gotten so big and I had so many review books to read this got pushed further and further back. 

Let's hope I finally get to it in the New Year.







The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky



This is probably my favourite book ever. I've read it so many times I've lost count. It's on the list because I wanted to reread it. Why? I guess I just love this book that much. This is actually my second copy of the book. The first edition I had was only paper-back and I read it so often it actually fell apart... Now I'm the proud owner of a hard-back version. 

I actually try to reread this book once a year. I've loved the book for a few years now and I also love the movie. The movie was actually directed by the author so I recommend giving it a watch too.






The Lunar Chronicles
by Marissa Meyer


I got the whole box set on Book Outlet a while ago and I also picked up Stars Above so I have all the books in the series to read. I did plan on binge reading all the books but it didn't quite happen like that.

I have actually started reading them. However, I only got as far as Cinder before letting other books and arcs take over my reading schedule. I loved Cinder and I can't wait to continue the series sometime next year.










And that's the top 5 books that I wish I had read this year..
I know there are a lot of other books that I wish I had read too but these top the list.

What books did you wish you had read?


Come back tomorrow for day 11 of Bookmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment