Monday 11 December 2017

REVIEW: Uncanny Valley by C.A Gray

Image from Goodreads
Genre: Dystopian

Publisher: Wanderlust Publishing

ISBN:

Release Date: December 11th 2017

Format: E-Book


Links: Goodreads, Amazon.com

WebsiteInstagram, Facebook


Rating: 8/10


Synopsis:

Rebecca Cordeaux knows exactly what her future will hold: she will marry Andy, her crush of the last five years. Once Andy is ready to settle down, she’s sure he will discover that she is his soulmate. After several small parts on stage, Rebecca knows she can become a renowned actress. Her writing also shows promise as a future author. Robots perform most human jobs that can be automated, leaving many free to pursue their personal creative interests.
Read more here



Review:


**I was sent Uncanny Valley for free by the author in return for my honest review**



Uncanny Valley is a dystopian novel set in the future where robots perform most human jobs. The story follows are main character Rebecca, a student at a University in Dublin, Ireland. 

Rebecca was a fantastically written character with a well written backstory. I loved that after the death of her Father she unknowingly had Andy replace him; which she brushes off as a crush. This added a lot more depth to her character and I felt sympathy for her and what she had gone through. She seemed more realistic and like an everyday human. I also loved her relationship with her companion robot- I would love to read more about their past together. 

There were a handful of other characters that I also really loved. Liam is another fantastically written character who isn't afraid to speak his mind and stand up for what is right. I fell in love with his character. I'd love to read further into his past and even have a chapter or two told from his point of view. He has various friends who are part of the Renegades along with Liam who are of course at first sceptical of Rebecca

I also enjoyed seeing Rebecca and Liam's relationship grow throughout the novel. It's great to read a novel where there isn't insta-love between the two leads of the book. Instead we get to see them grow closer and learn more about each other as the novel progresses. The two had an employer-employee relationship at the beginning of the novel; so I did personally feel Rebecca revealed a lot about her past rather quickly. However, it is clear she trusts him fully and prior relationship has been built prior to the start of the novel.

The series has a huge potential and I can't wait to see how the other books in the series play out. C.A Gray is a fantastic writer and I look forward to reading what she has planned.




I reviewed another of her trilogies which you can check out here:









No comments:

Post a Comment